About Our Collection
Government Printing Office publications housed in the Federal Documents Section are classified under the Superintendent of Documents Classification system and organized by federal agencies. GPO documents housed in other Hawaii State Library sections are organized by the Dewey Decimal Classification system. Materials received from commercial publishers and housed in the Federal Documents Section are classified using the Dewey Decimal Classification system.
Our collection is for reference use only and may not be listed in the library's online public catalog.
Listings of GPO publications housed at:
- Hawaii State Library (07/2014)
- Kahului Public Library (07/2014)
- Lihue Public Library (07/2014)
Sorted by (SuDoc Classification) [3.04MB]
Sorted by (title) [3.26MB]
Sorted by (SuDoc Classification) [672KB]
Sorted by (title) [672KB]
Sorted by (SuDoc Classification) [245KB]
Sorted by (title) [248KB]
Additional Depository Section Holdings at Hawaii State Library
- Patent and Trademark Resources (pdf) [383KB]
- List of Magazine/Journal Titles (pdf) [100KB]
- Core Government Reference Collection
- Code of Federal Regulations Most recent codifcation of agency rules and regulations
- Congressional Record The complete chronicle of official proceedings of the House and the Senate
- Federal Register A collection of agency rules, regulations, notices, presidential proclamations and executive orders from 1980
- Statistical Abstract of the United States An almost complete collection of the standard national statistical reference guide
- United States Code The most recent codification of the general and permanent federal laws
- United States Reports Complete compilation of the United States Supreme Court opinions
- United States Statutes At Large A complete collection of congressional bills that became public law
Free Access to Subscription Databases
(available only in the Federal Documents Section)
- Homeland Security Digital Library is an extensive collection of documents relating to homeland security policy, strategy, and organizational management. It consists of a wide range of materials, both contemporary and historical, from a variety of sources including state and local governments, international governments and institutions, nonprofit organizations and private entities.
- NOAA Climatological Data provides daily and monthly climate normals by state, climate atlas maps, hourly precipitation data, storm data, and annual climatological summaries.
- Public Health Reports is the official journal of the U.S. Public Health Service. A bi-monthly, peer-reviewed journal, it publishes viewpoint, practice, and research articles on the major issues confronting the public health community.